Eden Hazard Must Finally Play Big For Belgium




 Look at the matches and I am willing to bet you won't find a single competitive match where Eden Hazard was the best player for Belgium. De Bruyne can say that, Lukaku can say that. But the player who people believe is Belgium's best player, can't hold that claim.





I'm not the biggest fan of Hazard or his fans. He comes across as a very talented player who can only flourish when things are all lovely and bright for him. Doesn't strike me as someone with a big personality who can dig deep and drag his team through the mud and give the finger to adversity.



Nope.

So this is why I want him to prove one of his biggest critics wrong. I want him to be the main player for Belgium and with the captain's armband (very bad idea) there is more pressure for him to show up and lead the team. He's been wrongfully touted as their best and most important player, so he has an obligation to deliver and push the team forward.







I have my doubts about that because after what I saw him do this season for Chelsea, I can't say I have confidence in him pulling Belgium through a tough game. He may be good in a match where there's space against weaker opposition who can't even spell defend let alone do it. But against Ramos, Hummels or Chiellini I'm not betting one kobo on Hazard coming out as the winner in that contest.

But I stress, I want to be proven wrong. I won't be jumping up in joy if I am right and Hazard performs another disappearing act, preferring to defer to De Bruyne. I want him to really rip this tournament up and attack defenders and do what he did to give Leicester the Premiership title. That's the dude that I want to see. And if he brings that A game for Belgium, then we could very well be looking at the next European champions. HH

Comment Below Using Your Twitter/Facebook Login