At Last, Hazard has Superstar Performance for Belgium




Better late than never, or better still, better to show up on a big stage like the European knockout phase. After so many tepid and worthless performances by Hazard for Belgium, criminal for a guy with his talent, he finally showed up in the biggest possible way.

What a performance as well.





Hazard was all over this game like white on rice. Creating, running with the ball, dribbling, facilitating, shooting, and just being a total pest for the Hungarian defenders. Honestly, every time he got the ball something effective happened and you could feel his confidence grow. The more space Hungary gave him, the more he exploited it and did damage.

I have to admit that I have a funny relationship with Eden. I see him as a very talented player but with a weak mentality. That is the crux of it. He has amazing ability and can conjure up special moves like he did against Hungary. As far as pure footballing ability goes, the dude has it. But without strong character and the ability to change your game up when the going gets tough, then all that talent is for nada.



This wasn't one of those games where his character was tested but hey, he showed up. He was phenomenal and even as critical I am of him and how I feel people hype him up too much, I had to give him a round of applause and admit that he ripped the souls out of every Hungarian's chest. This was Hazard at his most unstoppable.






In fact, I would go as far as saying this is the best performance he's ever had. So throw in any game he had when Chelsea won the league, I am willing to bet that no match he played was better than this one. He pretty much regulated and ran the game for ninety minutes. That's a pretty special feat to achieve, especillay in a knockout stage game where things should be a lot tighter.

Well done to Hazard but I await a sterner test. I want him to prove me wrong as one of his doubters. I don't think he can perform this well against a team of better defenders who are more physical with him. Hazard will only get my full unfiltered praise and admission that he's a world class player if he can do that.

For now...well done on an incredible footballing performance. HH

Comment Below Using Your Twitter/Facebook Login